Hey there, as always we’ve a bumper packed newsletter blog this month, so sit back and enjoy your read.
First things first…
We’re URGENTLY looking for a Front-End Developer.
Check out the detailed job description (in Dutch) on our website or contact me for more information. We’ve got some great projects lined up and an impressive client list so I look forward to hearing from you.
Seeing is believing
In previous publications and blogs I’ve shared our initial experiences with the QTI Delivery Engine and to support this we’ve launched a demo in the form of a fun quiz all about The Netherlands using different question types based on the QTI spec. The demo shows how the assessment engine delivers these questions through any browser type, making it possible to assess on virtually any platform.
TECH MEETING 5th July welcomes Azul Systems
I’m excited to share with you that at our next tech meeting session we welcome Azul Systems, the company that delivers high-performance and elastic Java Virtual Machines (JVMs) with unsurpassed scalability, manageability and production-time visibility.
This technical session / workshop (it really is a tech session and NOT a sales pitch!) will help understand the JVM on your java applications and what the barriers are to fully exploiting the power of modern hardware. It will specifically cover:
– The Application Memory Wall and State of Garbage Collection today
– Zing Vision
– Application Characterization – Analysis and Reporting pitfalls when testing.
Sign up for free and come and enjoy pizza & beer too.
To round-up a quick recap on some events we’ve been involved in:
GOTO was hot hot hot…
…in more ways than one that’s for sure. A quick low-down:
- We had scorching temperatures of above 25C, pretty warm when mingling with around 300 delegates indoors!
- All the speakers were on top form and delivered fantastic presentations (available online via the website)
- The Mind Flex game at the joint Orange11 & MongoDB stand was very popular (winners announced below)
- Beurs van Berlage certainly impressed pretty much everyone that attended
- View from the conference party location; Double Tree Hilton was simply breathtaking.
Here are a few of my favorite tweets from the event:
and a few snapshots:
Anyway for now, mark you calendars for GOTO Amsterdam next year 18-20th June 2013.
And the winner from our competition is…
1st prize MongoDB training seat: Selman Tayyar.
2nd prize Mind Flex Duel game: Jeroen van der Velden.
Berlin Buzzwords was buzzing
This year Berlin Buzzwords was even bigger & better than last year with over 700 delegates all into big data, search & scalability. We had several of our own speakers present and Frank Scholten one of them summarized his highlights in his latest blog.
So that is all for now, as with all blogs, this is just my take on things, if there is something in particular you want me to cover or any questions just give me a shout.