For a project we are using Hippo to manage our content. We have a few components that interact with the repository using the connection pool as provided by hippo. I have modified the connection pool to increase the amount of logs and I have added statistics to the pool which can be exposed using JMX. Our custom components use this altered connection pool, but I the site did not. Our site makes use of the Hippo Site Toolkit, and I want to have this monitoring available as well.
In this blogpost I will explain the changes I made to the connection pool. After that I’ll show what to do to make this changed connection pool available to a site created with the HST and I’ll show a groovy script that reads the data from the remote servers using the JMX connection.