Although SSP v1.0 has been replaced by the simpler 2.0 version, some of you out there are probably still using 1.0 version. Because we like to provide as much assistance as we can to our users, we’ve decided to publish a video tutorial I created on how to configure and use SSP v1.0. It walks you through the general concepts of spatial search, how to configure the plugin in both your schema.xml and solrconfig.xml and then shows some examples of issues search requests.
The following is a summary of how to configure SSP 1.0:
- Add the SSP jar to your Solr’s lib folder
- Add your latitude, longitude and dynamic _tier_ fields to your schema.xml
- Add and configure the SpatialTierUpdateProcessorFactory so that your document’s latitudes and longitudes are read, and the tier data is written to your dynamic fields
- Add and configure the SpatialTierQueryParserPlugin by again configuring the names of your document’s latitude, longitude and dynamic _tier_ fields. Also, configure how many threads to use during filtering to produce the best performance
- Add the GeoDistanceComponent to your RequestHandlers