Thank you for taking your time to read our latest newsletter.
This is the content of the newsletter sent on Thursday, March 27th, 2014. We hope you enjoy it. You can sign up for the GOTO Amsterdam newsletter on this page in the bottom right corner.
Rod Johnson, Georges Saab & Chad Fowler
We are happy to announce that 40 out of 54 speakers and 3 keynotes have been confirmed for GOTO Amsterdam.
Keynote speakers so far are:
- Rod Johnson – Creator of Spring
- Georges Saab – VP Software Dev. Java Platform Group at Oracle
- Paul Sandoz – SW Engineer at Oracle; co-presenting with Georges Saab
- Chad Fowler – CTO at 6Wunderkinder
Newly confirmed speakers include:
- Rachel Laycock – Market Technical Principal for ThoughtWorks
- Shay Banon – Elasticsearch Creator, Co-Founder & CTO
- Jessica Kerr – Scala Developer
- Josh Graham – SaaS Architect at Atlassian
- Evelyn Tian – Agile Head Coach for Ericsson
See the full conference schedule here.
Registration is open. Sign up by April 9th for the best savings. The conference fee is EUR 849 for the main event, which means you can save up to EUR 350 off the regular price. Sign up now and receive the lowest rate available.
Attending with your colleagues?
We offer special savings when you register a group of five or more people from your company. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Next Week – Free GOTO Nights
Free GOTO Nights about Erlang & Neo4j 2.0
with Francesco Cesarini & Rik Van Bruggen
Rik Van Bruggen is regional territory manager for Neo Technology and will look at the shiny new release of Neo4j 2.0. Expect lots of Cypher queries & beer.
Francesco Cesarini is founder and Technical Director of Erlang Solutions and will cover Erlang’s approach to concurrency & distribution in 1995, when the limit of processes was 30,000 and a hot standby architecture was the norm, to today, when millions of processes coexist in linearly scalable cloud architectures.
Eindhoven, March 31st, 2014 Sign up here
Amsterdam, April 1st, 2014 Sign up here
On June 18th, leading industry experts will provide a day of hands-on workshops on a wide range of topics covering everything from Two-Factor Authentication, Architecture, Clojure, Agile to Graph Databases and more:
- NEW Two-Factor Authentication for Developers by Mark Stanislav & Zach Lanier
- Simple Sketches for Diagramming your Software Architecture by Simon Brown
- Accelerated Agile: From Months to Minutes by Dan North
- Data Modeling with Graph Databases by Ian Robinson & Michael Hunger
- Core Clojure – A Practical Introduction by Sam Aaron
- Fearless Change: Patterns for Introducing New Ideas by Linda Rising
- Patterns for Improved Customer Interaction by Linda Rising